The Specter Family Blog

Matt -- Steph -- Faith -- Mari -- Robby -- Hannah -- Salsa -- and........



Monday, February 1, 2010

OMEA part 2 - addendum

Went back and re-read what I wrote this morning - didn't like it, wasn't firm enough.

Let's do it this way:

I make no apologies for who I am or how my life has turned out. I am a work in progress but I am confident and firm in the direction of that progress. My life is filled with "there but for the grace of God go I" moments when I realize how close I've been to walking a road that I would NOT be proud of. It is for that reason that I pray to God every day and THANK Him for all I've been given, and ask for a continued strength to make the right choices and do the hard and slow work of self-improvement. I ask God to help me find and use the wisdom, strength and sense of rightness in MYSELF. I make the most of my life and am constantly in awe of the wonder around me, even in things that seem mundane at first glance.

I have come a long way. I have a long way to go. Here's to the journey.

Matt

No comments: