The Specter Family Blog

Matt -- Steph -- Faith -- Mari -- Robby -- Hannah -- Salsa -- and........



Sunday, August 12, 2012

Resolution

I have been on a series of wild mood swings.  Understandable, of course, but it's time to grab that pendulum and pull it to the center.  I'm determined to stop being such a pain to deal with.  I am blessed with a wonderful wife who will support me to the ends of the earth, and she'd never dream of showing her frustration, but I know all this is wearing on her.  It's time to stop letting the things that are out of my control continue to affect the things I can control - being a good husband and father.

I love you, Steph.  I'm taking charge of my moods and giving up the simpering and whimpering.  What the hell good does it do to turn a corner and start down a new road if I'm still looking back?  I've been taking advantage of the fact that you'll always listen to my wallowing. Just because you'd listen to it as long as I need it doesn't mean I should keep expecting it of you.  Please understand that I'm cracking down on my own whining, not because you can't handle it, but because I just can't stand to do this to you any more.  Our old life is gone, but there's a new one ahead, and it's time for me to embrace it and let it start, for the love.

My issues have gotten ridiculous.  You've waited over a year for my life to come together.  I can't make you wait another day.  I want to give you something good to talk about.  The new me starts now.

Matt

No comments: