The Specter Family Blog

Matt -- Steph -- Faith -- Mari -- Robby -- Hannah -- Salsa -- and........



Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nurses

Yeah, so I'm supposed to blog after posts like that? Dude. I can't remember my parents' phone number right now (there is medical evidence that a pregnant woman's brain shrinks a little bit) but I'm supposed to write blogs that compare to my husband's? Whatevs (as my bff BMS would say).

So, the nurse from L&D at Mercy Anderson called yesterday to explain everything that is going to happen before, during and after the c-section. Although I truly appreciate the intention to help me feel more in control, honestly all the info she gave me made me feel totally OUT of control. I think ignorance would've been bliss in this situation. Oh well. My mantra has changed from "This too shall pass" to "Don't sweat the small stuff". Small stuff meaning: iv's, catheters, spinal taps (all I can think about is that weird movie Matt made me watch very early on in our dating days in high school), blood work. Stuff like that. Minor stuff, right? Right.

I'm sitting in bed right now, with the windows open listening to my wonderful mom help my 4 year old play basketball in the backyard. I continue to be amazed at how our parents have changed from parents to grandparents. I mean, MY mom helping Faith play basketball? I didn't even know what basketball was, and I'm being completely serious, until probably mid elementary school. Funny that, now that my family and I are such big XU bball fans. ANYway. I love to watch our parents being grandparents! They really just totally rock at it and our girls LOVE LOVE LOVE being with Grandma & Dawg and Grandma & Zayde.

Matt's last day at work is today (see below) and I am so so happy for that. A shout out to Batavia Local Schools for being so great about letting Matt have off to take care of me and the girls and eventually, the twins.

Ok. I really don't have much more to say right now. Later. Steph

No comments: