The Specter Family Blog

Matt -- Steph -- Faith -- Mari -- Robby -- Hannah -- Salsa -- and........



Saturday, August 1, 2009

Last Day

Today we will finally visit the arch we keep passing by on our trips - we planned a day here because we're always in a hurry to and from and never get to do it. And since the arch is a symbol of St. Louis as the Gateway to the West...it seems appropriate for this journey as a good way to end.

I am ready to be home. The last few days of constant travel have been uneventful and relatively hassle-free, but I have had the unsettling feeling of waking up and not knowing where I am. And I'm the one who planned all this so it's unusual for ME to feel that way.

Most vacations end too soon. Hilton Head did. I needed more time there. But this trip has done what it needed to do - I can't wait to get home.

Family is eating pancakes outside this morning, thanks to one more meal cooked by mom. I have one more day to spend as the family's travel agent and then everyone can do whatever they darn well please.

The video awaits. Frustrated that I can't share it online due to licensing issues. But I will say this - anyone who wants one, send me a blank DVD (or 3) and I'll burn you a copy when it's done. There are a frightening number of pictures (probably over 1000) which I may upload to a photo-sharing site so everyone can see all the pics that DIDN'T make it onto the blog.

At any rate...thanks for stopping by - the blog will return to normal mode tomorrow night. One more pic - our 'sticker map' finally got put on the trailer - humbling to look at how far we have to go...



Matt

No comments: